Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Hula girls and some other stuff

I have gotten a bit behind on my blogging and etsy...:( im ashamed


Last weekend I went off to look for some vintage Halloween stuff at one of my favorite flea markets
I looked all over and found none I also decided to do a bit of shopping for my etsy if I found anything that was really good..and at first just like the Halloween stuff I was finding nothing...and then...

I went to a booth that usually has a ton of dolls and seeing no dolls that I really liked I started to walk away when something Rainbowie ( its not a word? ) caught my eye and I reached under abunch of things and pulled out this very large Rainbow Brite similar to one I sold before if not just like it,..
I love Rainbow Brite ( I have talked about that before I know ) she was my favorite cartoon growing up..Id keep this doll if I didn't already have one..mine isn't vintage but a large remake that looks almost just like it but with yellow hair instead of orange...and mine talks ( only she doesn't sound good so I don't put batteries in her )


The next booth is also a favorite of mine but the only thing I found that I wanted was this comic
I love these comics they are fun to read and I love the cheesy romantic art.


I wondered around for awhile with only 2 items in my basket and thought I was going to get out of there cheap for once I was almost through with the place and stopped at the last couple of booths when.......

I discovered a big of knick knacks for 3.00 and grabbed it up..I love surprise bags
Here are a few of the strange things that were in the bag
                       a weird troll thing..I think he is resin I don't know
                                                 some little animals and a thimble I put them up in Merrills store
 a cute little bear I think it might be Sylvanian Families  Im not sure..I have a bear similar in Merrills store that's a cowboy.
 My little pony baby waddles 1988..yay finally another my little pony to add to my shop :)
                                          Some really cute little rubber babies
 A miniature bone china cat..he is darling he will also go in Merrills store
                                                  and a kitschy dashboard hula girl
               a large iguana toy I think I might do some sort of project with him

Amongst the stuff I didn't photograph were a couple of old but very cute tin play dishes a pez dispenser and a japan and some ceramic dishes and a wide array of other stuff

I grabbed up a handful of other stuff for 50 cents each in the same booth


This Goosebumps book..I love Goosebumps I started reading them in 4th or 5th grade and I still think they are great..!!!


 I think I put this in my husbands very empty shop..he hasn't been doing much with it and then he got his first bad feedback ( wasn't his fault ) and he thinks its all over for his shop.


I went to one more booth as we were leaving and that's when I found them....
a bag of wonderful kitschy vintage hula girls from the 60s-70s they are so cute
They were 25.00 for the bag for them and Josh thought that it was a rip off..who wants hula girls he said? and I said collectors and he said ok........



                                            Here they are all 9 of them

                                                        This one is a music box
                             I got this one listed on etsy last night for 60.00
 This one is missing an eyelash and has some frizz issues its a shame but my good friend Menna who is going to give her a home assures me she can fix her :)
 This little beauty is one of my favorites out of the bunch look at her little face
I thought about keeping her for myself but..really I keep to much for myself and I want to try to sell all 9 of them.
                                                             this one holds pencils
 Look at this little unwrapped beauty..its odd that she was never opened she is reserved by my friend Menna
 and my other favorite she is perfection her eye shadow her hair she still has her clothes
and her expression on her face is priceless ..You just have to love her!
She is also going to my friend Menna

Menna has good taste when it comes to toys huh?

Anyways I love these dolls they hold a story I think..of parents who went every year to Hawaii without there kids but always brought back dolls for them.

I think they are my best finds yet!

find them here
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Vintagetoyfun?ref=si_shop
and https://www.facebook.com/pages/VintageToyfun/156806504455927?hc_location=stream



If you enjoyed this post follow me and Ill follow you if you have a blog

4 comments:

  1. Thos hula girls and just SOOO amazing! Glad you lucked out and found them. What's Josh's shop again?? Why'd he get bad feedback?? And that goosebumps book was the 1st one I ever read! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I found one more the other day but its pretty much the same as the one listed in my shop right now. Joshs shop is Tiktokart just type that in you will find it ..its pretty empty now ..he doesn't have time for it and I cant keep up with 3 shops. He got bad feedback on some Super Mario 3 toys they were late 80s happy meal toys and apparently didn't work.. We sold them as is..they didn't work when they were new and the lady didn't read the description or give us time to do anything to correct the situation she just left mean feedback and then left us a very hateful message about them. I love that Goosebumps book im trying to remember the first one I read I think it was ...The Ghost Next Door :)

      Delete
    2. Oh man! That's terrible. She should have at least given you a chance to reply first. I mean most sellers always want to make their customers happy so there's no harm in trying to talk it out first. I'm sorry that happened to him. :( You can't get on her good side? I know it's possible for buyers to edit their feedback after they leave it.

      Delete
    3. We offered to do a full refund and everything but we never heard back from her

      Delete