Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mr Bim

 
Here I am again!!!
after playing hooky for a bit with the writing and flea marketing and everything else.
 




Its been awhile since I last had something of interest to write
We have been searching for a house most of them have turned out to be a no go so the hunt is still on but after not flea marketing for awhile because I didn't want to have so much stuff stacked up that I would have to move and because sales have been insanely slow on etsy I just gave up and went flea marketing I cant say no to it for long..

My birthday was june 17th so Josh asked me what I would like to do and I said FLEA MARKET! and Mexican food we also went on a 5 hour long float trip one day and got completely burnt which doesn't happen often because we are nocturnal..



It turned out that lots of flea markets aren't open on Monday so I didn't go to many

At flea market 1 I found this Weebles Wobbles house and after some research I found that it goes to Winnie the Pooh
                               I got a big bag of random toys just what I needed huh?

At flea market number 2 I found this really sweet bunny very kitsch and a little rubber bunny painting a easter egg which reminded me of the coloring pages we always did in school around easter time
I also found a really neat BAM BAM soakie
 at flea market 3 I got a bunch of books
Flat Stanley which I don't quite understand but had first heard of it from the show King of the hill

 I never can resist anything bunny themed I always just have to buy it

 This little book I got because it reminded me of me and Josh and our current hunt for a house
the mom bunny and baby bunny cant seem to find a house everything they try has either been sold or cant be rented to bunnies and in the end they decide that they will just build a house.
 I have been in search of this book for years now its one of my favorites from my childhood my mom used to read it to me.


I also got 2 peanuts finger puppets but I forgot to take a picture of them...


Today I went out flea marketing again and went to a new flea market

I got the baker or is it the butcher? Now I have a complete set just minus the tub
I also got this really rad Michelangelo lamp it works!! Im unsure if Im keeping or selling

After that flea market I went to the outside one ( also has an inside I just didn't go in )
and found these dolls not in the best shape but I liked them they weren't priced so I asked the vendor who said 2.00 for all so I got them along with a Gameboy game
I hadn't been to the outside flea market since I was about 10 and went looking for a hedgehog ( they sell animals there )
                                             Cant wait to play this! I got it for 3.00


At my next and last flea market I found Mr Bim and this ugly squeak toy who was labeled as Sweetie Pie ( a comic maybe ) she looks like a really ugly Little lulu
but I was really excited to find Mr Bim he is just so retro :)

                                           Heres the ad I found online for Mr Bim!!


Here are some things I found at the flea market that I found interesting but didn't buy

Don't worry this oddity isn't real its ceramic I almost bought it because when will I ever see something like that again..but I resisted the temptation.
 I would have bought this for my mom if it had been in better shape or at least cheaper

 I had a hard time not buying this.. I mean its just so cool but what would I do with it? I don't have kids and Im out of room in my apartment for things...so I settled for a picture of it instead.
 This guy has been on my to buy list for so long but I never find him at affordable cost
                                                        He even had his box still!!
 I have no idea what this is but I wish I did ..I wish I could have opened it
 
 
That's all for now hopefully Ill get to go on a few more adventures soon :)

5 comments:

  1. What such cool finds Vanessa. I love the Pooh home so much!!! Are you going to see if you can find the pieces for it first? The stuffer monkey is so cool too!!! You know me and those stuffers! When Shannon gets here I am going out to do some hunts myself. I haven't bought anything for my shop for awhile. Soooo slow right now. Bumming me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might :) Hopefully sales will pick up so we all can start flea marketing again...I think people are enjoying the sunshine and not really spending much right now.. you and Shannon are going to have lots of fun :)

      Delete
  2. My goodness, but you're dangerous to let loose in flea markets, Vanessa! Good hauls though. Now for the listing - otherwise how will they sell? Good luck - with selling and the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, sounds like you had a ton of fun!

    I can't wait to see what those dolls turn out to be, one looks like Uneeda, but I don't know much!!

    ReplyDelete