Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My New House

Sorry for be MIA for so long but I have been on the hunt for a house for these many many months and then when I found one things got very busy paper work research and everything else
My shop is currently on vacation while we get everything packed up and moved out of our apartment.


During our house hunt we looked at several houses and had a total of 3 realtors
House 1 was amazing but far to small and way way way way out and the land to rocky for use also it was to many acres to qualify for our loan

House 2. looked at with realtor number 2  I fell in love with and made an offer on its was beautiful but as it turns out it needed over 25,000 dollars worth of work and that isnt counting the fact that it turns out that all water in that area was bad....

House 3. Looked at with a different realtor  was the worst house I have ever been in it was dirty with fly paper with bums living in it trash everywhere and it had a fire on the inside so half of it was burnt ..it did have amazing land though with 2 ponds Ill give it that..but I needed a shower after leaving it


So I went back to looking at houses online  and came back to one of the ones I looked at several times and had driven past on one of our country drives we had dismissed it because it was right by a church and was 2 1/2 acres
but I kept coming back to it over and over again and finally decided to go look at it and when I did.................I fell in love
it had renters in it who did not want to leave they had been in the house 3 months and the house had been up for sale for 3 years apparently
I walked in the house and it was amazing high ceilings a wood stove and 4 bedrooms one being a really amazing loft and a HUGE kitchen and a laundry room ..the land was great with a seasonal creek in the back...we made our offer and then the renters tried to buy it but we got under contract first and so out of anger they did some damage to it they kicked a hole in the door and tried to burn the house down ....

We held our breath and waited and on Halloween we got to close on the house and we got the keys......finally our own house.


It was built in 1925 and has been remodeled several times but still holds its old farm house charm

growing up I always wanted to live in an old farm house in the country Id visit my grammy and her house had been built towards the end of the 1800s and I just loved it ..its a cute yellow two story house that was built to last as she still lives in it to this day.
So in me and Josh getting this house my childhood dreams are starting to come true.

Here is the outside of the house it has a nice sturdy metal roof and a great porch that I cant wait to sit on when the weather gets better,


The wood stove in the living room it has fake rocks around it but I think it still looks cute
 The living room is massive and has plenty of space even more so since we arent going to put the tv or movie shelves in it we decided to do a movie room and hang up movie posters.
               The Staircase to the loft Josh decided to use the loft for his room.
Ill have to get pictures of the loft later I forgot to.
 The kitchen it has lots of space and big counters so for once Ill be able to make Josh large dinners! Im actually excited for cooking.
 The cellar which well come in handy when we start canning this spring and summer.
                                     The doorknob to my etsy room it takes a skeleton key :)
 More of the living room and the doors to the Bedroom and movie room
                                                going down the stairs in the loft
                                               the side of the house with little fish pond
 Where the washing machine plugs it left a hole so we needed something to plug it up....and this is what we found.
 The entry way to the room I plan on using for etsy storage the big box you see is for head space when walking down in the cellar


 Behind the house there is a little creek part of it is dried of but there is a deep hole with a spring and some fish.






                                                        the backside of the house


Ill do another blog on the house soon after Im more moved in we have painting to do and more cleaning Im going to be without internet for awhile I found out that I cant transfer my current service so I have to find a new provider for internet and cell phone..so it may be a bit.

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see what you do with it!! I am also a huge fan of old houses. Jealous of your door knobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im excited! I cant wait! I love what you what done with yours its a great inspiration to me ..do you know how old your house is by the way?

      Delete
  2. How thrilling! It looks beautiful, and you'll have all that lovely space! I'm so glad you're out of that apartment. Bummer about the bad-tempered renters, though! People can be such jerks. Enjoy, enjoy--I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, you and Josh have really struck the jackpot, what a lovely lovely home!
    What an adventure you have ahead of you as you make the house your home!!
    May you both be blessed in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Im excited I already have lots of plans and I have been saving repair videos and thank you :)

      Delete
  4. My word - that looks simply stunning, Vanessa. I can quite see why your dreams are coming true. Good luck and many happy years there. It's a place you don't ever need to move from and I love its surroundings too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable home! LOVE the porch! I can see beautiful hanging flower baskets now.

    ReplyDelete