Friday, February 1, 2013

Squeaky toys

Ive always been into toy collecting but now im into a new type of toy collecting..Squeaky toys

I always thought that Squeaky toys were only for dogs but now I know different.

Besides collecting them for myself I also enjoy buying them to sell.


It all started with etsy I found this wonderful little russian store full of really cute squeaky toys
I picked out a cat and then after that I found many other wonderful stores
the next time I bought squeakys I bought a panda and a pink squirrel and then I sort of quit buying them for a bit and then the last monthes I started buying them again
Heres my growing collection first shot is with all of them together
                                             My cute little clock man :)
                                                                 Woodland bear doll
                                                    




Ive also been trying to learn all I can about squeaky toys the history the places that made them.

I bought this book awhile back hoping it would teach me some stuff  It was fun to look at but I didnt learn much..but at the time the book was written information wasnt as easy to get as it is now.



Here are the squeaky toys I found on my last flea market adventure

                                                    Edward Mobley cat by sun rubber
                                                  Ruth E newton doll by Sun rubber


The squeakys are in fairly good shape but the cat has some deflation issues going on
im not sure what you do about that?

My quest of learning all that I can continues and its really fun.

I love finding new hobbies it makes life interesting.



5 comments:

  1. You got a Mobley cat! Mobley cats and dogs are my favorites in the squeaky toy line. Your clock is really a cutie, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I love anything cat related
      I love the clock I got it for a dollar on ebay plus shipping it apparently had been deflated at one point and the stuffed it with fiber fill but a dollar I cant complain also I have a real soft spot for anthropomorphic:)
      Im glad your shop is open again I need to buy some bags from you

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your collection with us! So very cute and a really interesting hobby! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so long as you have the space for them - I can see the attraction! What does the cat think about them - oh, and Peter Panda too?

    Isobel: www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com (second installment of Transformation of TW Bear just posted by the way!) Have a great week-end everyone - oh, and a Happy Chinese New Year too if anyone is so inclined!

    ReplyDelete