Friday, July 19, 2013

The lazy lazy days of summer

Well...sort of lazy
by lazy I mean I havent been good about responsible things Ive just been enjoying the summertime fun

So I havent been very talkative online lately so I thought Id do a blog to tell everyone what I have been up to :)

I think this year might just be the best summer ever..at least the best summer Ive had in almost 6 years now.

Living with a night schedule life I usually don't get to enjoy sunshine and good weather and festivities
but Ive been making myself wake up and enjoy life.


Ive been out fishing almost every week at the lake and the river and catching crawdads which I LOVE Its something I used to always do with my cousins in the summer as a child
We never ate them we would just catch them for fun to see who could catch the most
I always wanted to do a old fashioned crawdad boil but being a vegetarian for most of my life that just wasn't going to happen..but recently for health reasons I had to change my diet so now im eating fish at first I thought it would bother me but it really hasn't ..I guess Im having to much fun to really be bothered by it also Ive noticed some great changes in the way Im feeling and my hair...it looks amazing!!

This is from the very start of summer me and my husband decided to do a early morning fishing trip to jolly mills its a beautiful little park that is also historic,it used to be a  whiskey distillery in 1848
read more about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_Mill

We actually went after Josh got off work at 2:30 am it was great we got to watch the sunrise
and I caught this bluegill which I set free.

Heres pictures from one of our many cook outs
 
 

We have also been doing one of my very favorite things to do..Just jump in the car and take random country roads and look for old houses






This house isn't abandoned but I thought it was worth getting a picture of its a civil war house that's supposed to be haunted.

                                           One of the crawdad boils

We have also been trout fishing
just walking the rivers and exploring them
We have caught trout,bluegill,carp.sunfish

The country fair happens every year in july and always right by our house but we never go
this year we decided to and we had a blast playing games and winning prizes!
I cant believe im still good at the balloon popping game since I havent played it since I was 12.
 Another summer activity I enjoy -The Drive in movie you get 2 movies for the price of one
the food is great and they play little cartoons ..with dancing food telling you to go to the lobby and get your self a snack :)

 
 
Its been a fun summer so far
I cant wait for our Missouri tour and canoeing and going to a slide..lets just hope Josh has more days off..I love getting sunshine :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Vanessa! I'm glad you're getting out, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine, and starting to feel better. I think this is just what you need! I know I can get down when I'm cooped up too long. (Just wait until the long wet season begins again--sigh...)

    The abandoned old houses are fascinating. We don't have much of that around here. Can you explore inside? It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't went in many of them because of fences and near by people who could possibly be owners? its hard to tell whether something is still owned by someone or not...

      theres been a few I went in

      I have to get pictures of my favorite before they tear it down its by my favorite park.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!! Looks like you had so much fun this summer! And you also seem to live in a gorgeous area! I wish I had more stuff like that going on around here. All our country roads are surrounded by desert so it's a bit different. And I don't know where any cool abandoned houses are! I miss those. Also that drive in theater looks AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) it was a great summer one of the best ones of my life. Until recently I had wanted to live Missouri but now I don't think I do I have grown attached..The drive in is fun but I do wish they would play old movies instead of new I do love when they play the Lets all go to the lobby cartoon :)

      Delete