Friday, July 26, 2013

Lets not forget My Buddy

Yesterday I got to spend some time with my mom
we had a great time we went out to eat and then to a museum and then to some flea markets.

I haven't had anything interesting to write about in awhile and now I do


while visiting the third flea market something wonderful caught my eye.

 A my buddy doll!
I scooped him up for 12.00 paid and walked out singing the My buddy song
I knew some things about My buddy but not everything so I did some more research.





First off My buddy was made my Hasbro in 1985 and then the movie Childs play came out and Chucky looks similar and..it hurt business so then Hasbro sold the line to Playskool who changed the clothes
Original My Buddys clothes can be removed and Playskool my buddys cannot ..

 My Buddy is also in the movie problem child and is the favorite toy of Junior.
( if you haven't watched the movie ..you need to )


Even though the My Buddy I found isn't made my Hasbro im still really happy and its still vintage :)
This is actually the first time Ive came across a My Buddy in real life he is sort of a celebrity amongst toys.
My babysitter had the girl version which I loved I have pictures of me playing with it somewhere and cuddling it and sleeping with it.
Sweet sweet nostalgia retro toys make me so happy!
Check out the commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j2xEwEHbrE

3 comments:

  1. I always learn something new from your posts. I didn't know anything about this. Too bad someone's doll design went "toast" because of an ill-timed movie. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah I never knew he was a celebrity! He definitely does look a bit like chucky though. I can see why that would hurt business. What was the girl version called? I didn't know they made one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girl version was called Kid Sister :) I wanted one when I was little my babysitter had one..and she used to let me take it home for awhile and then I had to return her somewhere in one of my baby albums is a picture with me taking a nap with her :)

      Delete