Sunday, December 1, 2013

Flea marketing saturdays

Saturday I got to go flea marketing I overslept by an hour but it ended up not mattering much because I finished on time.


We went to carthage which is one of my usual places I go but it has been awhile and yet the inventory hadn't changed much at all.. very disappointing Ill have to switch it out with a new area for flea marketing which Ill probably do again soon as Im trying to get my shop to 200 items its been my goal for awhile and I never make it..
but I almost have 200 sales so I should do 200 items once I reach 200 to celebrate :)


So I guess on average I make 100 sales a year wish it was a bit more but I pretty much only sell toys and vintage toys which means I have to market to adults with big hearts who still remember childhood...they are the best kind my favorite kind of people.


Well anyways Ill quit rambling on and Ill tell you about my trip


I stopped at the first flea market which is my favorite of the bunch because in the past I have found some great things kewpies and Puppy Brite and a squeaky tennis player.

I did find a few goodies

This cute little tykes toddle tot with dump truck :)
 I bought a to of these Goosebumps stickers just for the fun of it im not even sure what im going to do with them :)
 This is the second Stan plush I have found in the last 2 flea marketing trips I usually never find South park stuff so I felt pretty lucky to find him..I of course will probably only be keeping one Stan and Ill sell the other either on ebay or through my facebook.
 I bought this for a laugh Im giving it to my mom who is a Spanish teacher :)
 This guy is so cute and kitsch he will be going into Merrills charity store.
 My favorite find of the day the only squeaky and one I have wanted for awhile perfect for my upcoming winter scenes :)
                               A cute kitschy lamb planter also going to Merrills shop
 and I couldn't resist these guys I love everything 70s and Love is perfect :)
in one of my dads old High School year books its actually the theme for Football Homecoming.
 It turns out I went wild on the breakables I usually try not to but I found so many cute ones that I couldn't resist this guy almost got broken a few times by the people at the counter..happens every time I buy a ceramic bunny..I love him because he reminds me of the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland ..He will be going into Merrills shop.
 With Christmas coming up I thought she would be a good addition to the shop.
 Next I found a bag of doll heads..which I always buy when I find a good deal it was a large bag for 5.00 I mostly bought it for the giant clown head who I have already used he had a derby hat on that I wanted for a project and it had to be cut off him and I think Ill use his face as a mask for one of my dolls.


 This little guy was in the bag of doll heads...scared still of the clowns who were wanting to eat him.
 These look like cabbage patch doll heads..but they are apparently older and made by someone else..which leads me to wonder lots of things......
 the heads came with one of these pretty much just like a Cabbage Patch doll when you unfold it theres a birth certificate.


My next stop was to a flea market where I have had lots of luck in the past I found my Brite Eyed kid and my celluloid walker doll but...its inventory hadn't changed much at all and they now don't take debit cards but I did get 2 items which the lady held for me while I went to a atm machine.

This guy is oh so cute I almost want to keep him he is so snuggly and soft.
 And this thing it reminds me of a puffalump but im pretty sure its not..Any ideas?
there wasn't a tag on it.

I went to one more flea market but didn't find anything at all that I wanted and I decided to skip the rest because they were the more expensive wanna be upscale flea markets where they charge you 50.00 dollars for a mcdonalds toy ..( im serious ) or ones with mostly furniture and art for high prices.

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks like you had fun! I'm in LOVE with those goosebumps stickers! OMG! good find!! And I think it's funny that they made Goosebumps in spanish ;)

    ReplyDelete