Monday, May 12, 2014

better late than never? Happy mothers day

My mom isn't a fan of mothers day she never has been ..really she doesn't like any holidays ..I meant to do this yesterday but found myself busy every second of the day here is a post about my mom.




My mom was born in California her parents had a ranch were they raised horses
her mom fell in love with my grandpa on some sort of double date that they were on with other people she married him and later found out that he was much older than he let on and had 3 kids so my mom has a 2 half sisters and a half brother ( one of the sisters is now dead ) My grammy and grandpa first had my aunt and then my uncle and last of all my mom
My grandpa decided to sell the ranch and move to Arkansas and then back to his home place of Anderson Missouri he bought a house from the civil war that had no plumbing and they started a farm.

My mom was a quiet girl who liked reading books and riding horses she was also very beautiful

I got these pictures out of her yearbook -Im a fan of my parents old yearbooks my mom is not.
my mom is the one with black hair and headband-Josh says it looks like I went back in time.
                     My mom is the one on the bottom row in the very cute dress.

 My mom has always hated this picture I think its her 8th grade class picture.
 This is the picture where I think she looks most like me ( compare to the next photo )

 My mom pulling me and my half brother Justin around in our old rusty wagon.
                                   Me and my mom ( no I wasn't drinking that beer )
                                                 My mom before me in her riding getup.
My parents met when they were in elementary school but never really talked my dad had a crush on her but she was a good girl who would have nothing to do with the bad boy
in High school he offered her a ride home in his car and she snubbed him .. she wasn't getting in the car with a boy who smoked and drank and had the mouth of a sailor her friends always teased her that she would end up with him and she laughed because how could that ever happen?!

My mom dropped out of school her senior year because she just wanted to be alone and read ( sound familiar?! I did the same thing but I took a home course ) even after she turned 18 she stayed on living with her mom until one day she met a guy at her best friends house and they eloped ( I think she was in her 20s ) the marriage wasnt a happy one and that's when my dad came back into her life he and his dad had a construction company and they were working on her sisters house and then after that her house and sparks were flying between them ( my mom claims she didn't realize who he was uhuh ) Anyways long story short she got a divorce and got with my dad ( and what was written in her yearbook became truth  You will one day wind up married to Mark Durham ) So the wild boy got his girl ...anyways my mom and him got married and pretty soon after I arrived


My mom painted signs for a big chunk of the first part of my life and she was great
and then after that she went back to school and got her GED and went to college and soon became a teacher.

Growing up life wasn't always easy for me but my mom made things fun and if it wasn't for her my childhood would have been a sad one
she made me paper dolls and read to me and she even wrote stories for me and illustrated them and I got to color them
We didn't have a lot of money but she gave me everything I had new toys all the time and cute clothes and she always new how to make the day fun.. even though I have a half brother he was a lot older than me and I was pretty much an only child I didn't have friends so my best friend was my mom we did everything together on the weekends instead of hanging out with friends I went with her to the mall and I didn't mind it one bit.

Being grown up now and away from home is hard for me some days because I don't get to see her as often as I would like


My mom inspires me to be my best and I look back often and smile about my childhood and how happy she made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment