Thursday, January 2, 2014

Some flea marketing finds and my christmas gifts

Well I said Id post some stuff about Christmas when I had time and today is the day


Christmas was fun other than the fact that I got really really sick right before it
Josh gave me several of my Christmas gifts early and I gave him his early.. we do this every year we really aren't good about playing the waiting game


Josh got me a Hoodie I had been wanting for awhile and The latest South Park Box set so now I have all of them
He also got me season 2 of The Flintstones which is one of my favorite cartoons ever ( to be honest when I was a kid I preferred The Jetsons but now its the other way around )

He also got me the cutest doll ever and one that I had been wanting for so long it actually just arrived in the mail the other day because it came from the UK

He also gave me 50.00 for squeakys pretty exciting :)

I got Josh a bunch of fishing stuff he had been wanting.

Christmas Eve we always go to his parents house for dinner and gifts and we get to have a nice visit with his uncle and his Grandma and of course the huge hoard of yorkies  5 of them.


His mom got me Worlds End and Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the dead and a really nice candle and also 50.00 to buy squeakys with

Josh's mom is probably the best cook ever she makes a huge array of things and always my favorite types of stuff
7 layer dip and tortilla soup and a huge snack platter and cookies and cakes.

This is the second Christmas we didn't put up a tree because Sophie is still just as crazy as he was when we first got him.

I got sicker that night so I ended up not going to Josh's Grandparents house Christmas day.



                                                            Here are a few of my gifts


 Josh also surprised me with a nice new camera that takes really great pictures

                                                    It has a black and white setting :)
                                          And this is its sunset setting it works great!
 I know im going to enjoy taking photos of old buildings and churches in black and white
 
 I usually refuse to take a picture of myself or let anyone take a picture of me but part of my New Years goals is to not hate myself so much so here it is...




Ok now for the Flea marketing finds .............


Most of the flea markets I have went to really haven't impressed me at all because I hardly found any toys it was mostly just dishes and stuff like that.


but heres what I came up with

I got a cute little squeaky Sun Rubber Ruth E Newton dog  I actually already have one like it in my collection  and a little deer and a really cute bunny


                                       Vintage Commonwealth caterpillar plush..
                                                           This little squeaky boy
                                                A Strawberry Shortcake Rag doll
 and her friend Raspberry Tart
 
Hopefully the next time Ill come back with more stuff Im trying to get up to 200 items in my shop :)
 
In the next post Ill tell you about the contest I entered :)

4 comments:

  1. OMG your lapin doll and that kewpie are PRECIOUS!! glad to hear you had a good xmas hope you start feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I actually didn't get it on Lapin they never have this one in stock so Josh had to look elsewhere and it ended up costing a bit more.. and thank you! are you still feeling sick?

      Delete
    2. Wow! I didn't know you could buy them anywhere else but lapin! I'm glad you got her. She's a doll!

      Delete
  2. Yeah Lapin really isn't the best store..Im trying not to buy from them unless I have to..they aren't honest..they kept trying to double bill me for things

    ReplyDelete