Sunday, March 2, 2014

Toy photography give me your opinion

So I have been carrying some toy photography in my shop ..and to be honest its really not going over I have only sold one print

I would like to get some honest opinion's about them

I sell a 8X10 for 20.00 -how do you think my pricing is to low to high just right?

Do you think they are worthy of being on a wall- I mean I like them but do you I mean would you honestly hang them on your wall ( don't be afraid of hurting my feelings I need to know if its worth it to list them )


Selection of prints-How many should I have up at one time

I cant think of more to add but feel free to tell me..

and should I add photography that's more than just toys like landscape old barns and houses ( the other things I enjoy )


Here are some of the pictures






                            This is an example of something I thought Id add                     
Thank you :)

3 comments:

  1. I would guess that artwork is always a hard sell. Maybe you could find some other Etsy photographers and question them.

    I've seen/experienced similar difficulties trying to sell nice handmade items, even though mine are often less expensive than many I see in other shops that seem to be doing a thriving business. I'm beginning to think the key is to have a shop that is more focused, less general. Somehow if there's a lot of assorted vintage stuff mixed in with the handmades and/or original artwork, buyers are more wary of it. I think they need that "boutique" feel to justify parting with their money. That's my current theory, anyway.

    By the way, I hope you can get Josh to do a tutorial here on how to put watermarks on your artwork! No one I ask seems to have any clue how to go about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, and I think it is great, I wonder if the size is part of the issue?

    I was thinking of the pictures I have on my walls, and other than portraits of the kids, I have small, like 3x5 and 5x7 pictures, and big 11x 14 or larger.

    Would you feel like it was too much offering options for sizes?

    And I LOVE your water photo, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your photos so much Vanessa! Keep up the good work! I am hoping they will take off for you really soon :)

    ReplyDelete