Tuesday, May 7, 2013

City of maple trees flea marketing trip

Ive gotten a little behind on my blogging so....




So  for our anniversary weekend I got to go to carthage mo to do some flea marketing they have a nice square its like the one we have here in neosho mo but it actually in working order with business open and not closed down..our square looks like a ghost town..so going to this square is strange like im stepping back in time.

Anyways the place is full of flea markets that I hadnt really been to in sometime now...

The first one I went to I last went to around christmas time and got good stuff and the others its been about 4 yrs now.

I went to about 5 flea markets and I got a ton of great stuff heres some of it :)

                   A squeaky baby Mickey mouse and a Edward Mobley pig

I got a cute cowboy bear ( I might try to find him a hat before listing him I dont know )




 
My recent squeakys the first is a sun rubber boy that I got when I stopped at a tiny flear market with my mom the next a tennis boy ( havent checked to see who made him yet ) and the next is a Alan jay squeaky nurse that I got off a website called bluejay
Something I was not expecting to find South park keychains!
I never find south park stuff! its like gold.. Im not sure yet whether im selling or keeping them
I know for sure im keeping Mr Garrison.
 
 
 
 for some reason I couldnt get a good picture of this no matter how hard I tried it kept coming out all icky and blurry  its a 1980s little pretty kitty
                                                close up of her cute little face
A bisque kewpie
 
 
                                         A  Kewpie baby powder shaker..sadly the only kewpie items I found on this trip hopefully the next one Ill hit kewpie gold....
 
Some really cool vintage sesame street fabric
I usually dont buy this type of thing but I thought maybe some of my friends who like to
sew might be interested ....Victoria ;)

 
And the best for last I was walking by a glass case in the last flea market one Ive never really gotten to explore very well because its always about to close when I go in
I was trying to get through and look at everything as fast as possible when something caught my eye..and I almost fell down...
Im not sure what you call these dolls Ive seen them called Mary janes they are celluloid and they walk and their eyes move and head moves around very creepy very neat
Ive wanted one for a very long time now and I got her for 9.00 online she is usually at the cheapest 40.00 so I was very happy ..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Just when I thought I had gotten the best of everything something else caught my eye and I screamed at the top of my lungs like a lunatic BABY BRIGHT EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I ran over to it my face glued to the glass josh and the owner stareing at me like I needed to be locked up..
So awhile back I bought a book about squeaky toys and he is in it and I just loved him I looked on ebay and etsy but nothing so Im lucky to have him he was a good deal at 12.00

 
 
Thus ends my wonderful flea marketing trip and this weekend brings a new one :)

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen one of those Mary Jane dolls before--she is nifty/creepy/fascinating. When were these dolls made? I wonder if your Sesame Street fabric is out of production? If so you may find it's very sought after. One or two good fabric sales can pay for a lot of fun at the flea market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not my guess was sometime in the 1940s or early 1950s
    I dont know about the fabric I havent looked into it Ill try looking it up and if for some reason you find your interested in it Ill give it to you cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute find girl! love the creepy doll towards the end. would love to see her in action! and those south park keychains rule!

    ReplyDelete