Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vintage shopping spree

For monthes and monthes and monthes Ive been planning a big flea market day in Springfield mo its a few hours away from where I live.
Things kept getting in the way and so it kept being put off ..but last friday my husband took a day off of work to take me.
I woke up early excited and alert ( not my usual self ) but thats what flea market trips do to me.
Im like a 4 year old who broke into the sugar stash and downed mommys coffee when she wasnt looking.
We started the day buy grabbing some starbucks at the gas station normally I would go to mcdonalds because I like the ice coffee they have better than the bottled starbucks..but I didnt want to wait in line I wanted to get to the flea markets and scoop up all the good stuff.

So we got to the first flea market the largest of the 4 its got a huge upstairs and a downstairs.
and the first booth I stopped at had a TON of vintage squeak toys so I got the cheapest ones if I had more money on me than I did I would have got the others they were Ruth E newton and very cute. but they were 10.00 each and if I had got them all it would have been a 60.00 and my husbands wallet cant afford everything I want.

                                                 The first squeaky the one that caught my eyes
                                                      


                                                  and right by it were this two little cuties
     
                                        
I made sure to grab a cart because I could tell it was going to be a really good day
My husbad went off on his own adventure to the bathroom and to look for some Rush albums.
I was on a shopping spree
 and then in the corner of my eye I caught something wonderful something rainbow and beautiful
was...it was it really Rainbow brite? I got really exicted and ran over to the case and there it was in all its beauty a large Rainbow brite bottle I couldnt see the price and thats where I would usual just say ..never mind because going and having them get the key and then when you see the price is way to high is a little embarrassing and awkward but since it was Rainbow brite and I normally dont run into Rainbow brite stuff I went ahead and asked the nice Hippie at the desk to let me look
it was 7.00 which isnt horrible,I have this rule if its over 5.00 I have to be ok with keeping it if it doesnt sell..and this I would be okay with.
 
It didnt take long until I found some other goodies.
....................GNOMES!!!!!!!!!
I love Gnomes who doesnt?
They are adorable and kitschy and very very 1970s
Infact one the of first things me and josh bought for our apartment was a gnome statue
he hangs out at Joshs desk
The gnomes are made of plastic and have little holes in their heads like they hung from something once?????
The next few finds were good
A 1980s Wuzzles stuffed animal and a carebear
and a fisher price looking thing


After this I wondered downstairs and I found a few cute little things
a pound purry a little prettys cat ( it needs some work before I take a picture )
and some interesting rattles a cat and a dog they are miss labeled as Water guns.

I love cheap plastic dimestore stuff it brings back great memories of childhood.

I bought a few more little things like this beautiful asian treasure.

 
I wanted to fit in the other 3 flea markets so I decided to call it good and go pay
I think I spent 40.00 not to bad considering all the stuff I bought.
So I went to the next flea market with the unfortunate name of S.T.D
but it is always pretty rewarding I got a few Bobbsey twins books and some vintage craft books
I saw a handful of really great stuff but it was expensive
A Ms Beasley doll which josh told me he wouldnt let ride home with us because it was scary looking.
a ton of Liddle kiddles and uneeda dolls and Old original skipper
I drooled at them and left them behind sadley.
I went to S.T.D 2 and found a lot of great stuff
some melmac divided plates for Josh because he cant stand his food touching and divided plates are really hard to find for some reason.
I got some little toys and a found two more squeakys
an Elephant and a really really old doll.


After that josh said we were done...and I said nooooooooooooooooo!!
I dont want to quit yet and he said but the next one well probably be closed
I pouted like a baby and said can we just look? and guess what it was open it stays open till 10pm I love places that have late hours not enough do.
Right after we first walked josh spotted 3 kewpies and I drooled and smiled happily because I really love kewpies.
After that I was happy with calling it quits I had about 5 bags of stuff and I was really happy.

                        Heres a group shot of the squeakys I ended the day with




I cant wait until the next flea market adventure!!!!!!!!
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, girl, you were definitely on a roll there! What a flea market Springfield must have. I am jealous! Loving all your photos. I'm especially smitten with the Fisher Price wagon train figures and those delightful pink and blue rattles. These virtual shopping trips are such a kick--almost as good as being on one myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I WANT THOSE GNOMES!!! JEALOUS!!! You lucked out girl. Why aren't there any flea markets near me?? All I've got are overpriced antique stores :(

      Delete
    2. Whenever I decide to sell them you are the first person Ill tell :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and theres one good thing about you living in texas Bonnie and Clyde!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe that's true! And texas chainsaw massacre! (haha) Yay! I can't wait for the day that you decide to sell them. They are so super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete