Friday, March 1, 2013

Something to squeak about


 Since my last post I have managed to buy three more squeak toys and Im very happy

Ive been trying to do research on different companys that made squeak toys but Im not finding much out,Im going to play Nancy Drew and keep at it though until I get results.




The first new squeak I bought was this deer on etsy..it doesnt really squeak though but Im still happy to have it in my collection as it is very retro kitsch

The next one was a angry looking kewpie type I read something awhile back and it said his name was Butch,I got him on Ebay ..he has some paint wear but he is still cute..though if I find one in better condition Ill buy it and put the one I have up for sale in my shop.


Next is a adorable little lamb I bought from my friend Victora http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyPalPeppy?ref=pr_shop_more
As soon as I saw its cute little eyes I had to have it for the collection.


I took some pictures but they are sort of sloppy as I rushed it because my cameras batteries were dieing..so soon Ill get more creative with them and make them look neat.

When I get a house I plan on having a really nice area for them instead of where they are now mingleing with my dvds.
                                          Here are the new additons to squeak town
                                          The deer looks so instense and serious
                                          the lamb as a look of curiousity and innocence
                                          and the kewpie boy looks very very angry.
                                         I love how they have their own personalitys
                                          Here they are together ( minus a couple of them )
                                          A close up of the lambs cute little face :)
 
I have decided that the giant kewpie ( is mayor kewpie saurus rex ) mayor of squeak town.
Soon Ill probably add a few more Im hoping to get my hands on a dreamland bare bottom bunny doll
 
Heres a look at my growing kitty though he seems to be growing a bit slower than most of the cats Ive had it makes me worry a little..I want him to grow up to be big and strong.
Ive never had a cat who is this crazy hyper he is everywhere he jumps from chair to couch to my desk in great leaps and he learned that jumping in my desk chair makes it go in circles and he loves it..its like his own little rollarcoaster ride or something.
He is looking very bothered in the pictures because..I take them all the time I think he is getting tired of it but..he is just soooooooooooooooooo cute :) I love him.
 
 
Well thats all for now Ive been trying to blog more so you will see another post pretty soon.
 

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic collection you have! "The Mayor of Squeak Town"--priceless! Sounds like the theme for a wonderful children's book. Have you ever come across Edith, the Lonely Doll? It's a sweet story told in photographs, with the author using posed dolls and teddy bears for the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might write a childrens book someday..I have several I made up and illustrated but Ive never done anything with them.
      I know the book you mean but Ive never read it maybe Ill look for it online to buy.
      I love childrens books I still read them all the time.

      And thank you for helping me add to my collection. :)

      Delete
    2. ah! if you ever decide to sell that angry kewpie you better let me know about it!

      Delete