Saturday, November 23, 2013

Radio Shack Raccoon Radio

So sometime back I bought this weird little Raccoon plush radio at the flea market and I had originally planned on turning it into a purse but as I was doing some research I discovered its simi rare and pretty neat..The Raccoon Radio Was made in 1981 for Christmas and its even in a radio museum! And highly sought after by collectors so I decided I shouldn't make him into a purse but I should put him up sale so that someone who loves him can give him a good home.

He takes 9 volts which I luckily had and I tried testing him but only got static but that wasn't surprising as our radio wont ever pick up stations for some reason.


Anyways I assume it works but im not sure but I listed it for sale in my shop and he is now looking to rock out in someones home.




I need to take another picture I didn't realize the string from the price tag got in the picture so it looks a little strange Ill take a new one later.









Heres a commercial I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmRrUDCayPY

7 comments:

  1. Is he up for sale? Had one for my 1st son (now 14yrs. old) pregnant now with my 2nd son and want to get him one. I can be emailed at twilight09117@gmail.com. My name is Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This used to be my favorite toy as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one bought for daughter late 70's. What price should I sell it at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one that is picking up the Rugby today. 2023.

    ReplyDelete