Thursday, April 4, 2013

Epic Kewpie haul-The squeaky surprise

Monday was my moms spring break ( shes a teacher ) so I decided to spend the day with her and my dad.
First we had a freezeing cold picnic in the park of veggie subs they had their dog Boston a boston terrier ( my dad isnt good with the whole nameing pets thing )
 with them a really funny looking dog that looks like ...
After the picnic in the park my dad decided to drop off me and my mom at the first flea market
and what do you know as soon as I walk in I found 5 Kewpies I grabbed up most of them leaving a few of the lesser ( Ill  be back for them )
It wasnt long before I found a few more to add to the pile I grabbed up one leaveing 3 behind and went on looking about finally I had to have the lady watch over them because my arms were to full.
I found several more things I liked but nothing I had to have lots of neat retro dishes..I just dont have enough space for them :(
Right before we finished I found one more Kewpie but it was 10.00 the lady heard me say 10.00..noooooo and she said Ill sell it to you for 3.00 and that was fine so I spent 21.00 and all on Kewpies EPIC!
7 kewpies my largest haul yet!


Sorry the photos are a little blurry my camera was starting to die on me and I couldnt find more batteries Ill have to buy some more before the weekend.

The next flea market had just opened it was supposed to be HUGE but it was average and pretty empty I didnt find anything I wanted but my mom bought some pretty tea cups.
After that we went home and had a tea party and watched Murder Is easy with the cats Max and Chunk.


The Squeaky Surprise
Awhile back I had been bidding on lots of squeakys on ebay and bombing out everytime
and it was horrible because I was staying up all night to do so..and there was this one lot I was sure would get I was the only bid on it for a week and then at the last minute someone jumped it to 30.00 so after staying up all night watching it with high hopes I scooped myself up depressed and went to bed...a few days or so went by and I check my email and I see something that says I have a second chance bid on buy it now..it was the lot of squeakys that I didnt win the person who won never paid..so of course I bought them and waited for them to arrive.
Some of them Ill keep and some Ill sell..after of course my book ;)

Here they are

The bunny happens to be my favorite and a keeper for sure :)
 
This weekend I plan to be out and about in the fresh air in sunshine hitting the yardsales.
Next post should be about Merrills store..
 
Bye for now

4 comments:

  1. Great haul Vanessa!


    blondievintage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second chance ebay option is a great feature--I'm sure glad it worked out for you. And getting the dealer to drop the price of the last kewpie from $10 to $3--! Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt even know about that feature its wonderful though :)

      Im going to get good pictures of the Edward Mobley dog tomorrow and then put him up for sale.

      Delete
  3. you lucked out on both accounts!! congrats!! love that little hippo too. ;)

    ReplyDelete