Sunday, April 7, 2013

Squeak toy Adventures

This weekend has been a fun one :)
full of sunshine and flowers and toys!

I ended up skipping out on the yardsales to just do some exploring.


Friday

I woke up early and headed out towards the countryside stopping at the scary flea market ( not so scary anymore ) I mentioned it in one of my early blog posts.
I bought a few small items but I had remembered that they had some rare horror movie vhs movies that I had meant to get but never got because I wanted to see about getting them on dvd first but after doing some research I found that some of them havent been released yet and probably wont be and the ones that have cost 40.00 and up but they were all gone..so no horror movies for me.

We did however get lucky because the chair we had wanted to get last year was still there we couldnt fit it into our tiny little toyota so we gave them money to hold it for us.

After that we wondered off until we ended up at a park and decided to take some pictures.

                                                       My squirrel from russia
                                                           My unnatural pink squirrel
 My knee was messed up so Josh had to to do this picture of me of my little woodland bear doll

      The woodland bear doll had an epic adventure!!! and I went home and went to bed :)


     Saturday!!!

I almost didnt get up because my knee hurt so bad that I wanted to lay in bed and cry about it but the more I thought about it ..I knew Id regret missing out on a beautiful day.
I packed up some more squeakys and we went to some woods near by for picture taking
The woods we went to have a beautiful spring and a nice picnic area.

Here is one of my newer additions to my growing collection..he makes me think of the water babies
It took several shots to get it right but we finally did..he tried to get away a few times




 









 


Josh said it looks like he is peeing..I said no he is playing hide n go seek,

This ones name is Josh ( yes named after my husband )



 
 
And then I turn around and I see this

He Just couldnt resist making a fire :) we stayed around for awhile to enjoy it eating a few snacks and talking until it started to get dark.


Sunday
I got up today put ice of my knee to get it ready for a lonnnng hike in the woods
Of course on the way we stopped at a flea market that I had once found some nice toys at..not this time though I did however go to the animal charity booth to buy stuff for Merrills shop.
After that the long hike where I huffed and I puffed and almost passed out the whole way because most of it was uphill and I was carrying a ton of stuff on me...but I did get some good pictures and much needed exercise so it was worth it.


 And as we were taking the pictures I saw a bat and Josh had to look and then he decided to make cheeping sounds at them and they attacked..silly


End of the weekend..sleep time.

5 comments:

  1. I love the photos of the yellow bear! My daughter likes to do the same kind of thing, posing her vintage Barbies and taking photos. I think it's an excellent book idea. Have you come across the book, Edith the Lonely Doll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent found it yet..maybe I should look it up on etsy to buy.
      Thank you :) Im having a great time with it! I cant wait to buy some more squeakys for picture taking.

      Delete
  2. sounds like a fun weekend! love all your toy photos they are so fun! makes me wanna do something fun like that. ;)

    really love that baby on the fish one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Id love to see what you come up with :)
      I really have fun with these toys ..they go with me everywhere.

      Delete
    2. i think this is going to happen VERY soon. it'll be super different though. not a lot of green in TX mostly cacti and weeds haha

      Delete