Friday, April 12, 2013

In Memory of Merrill Young -Forever in my heart

 

 

In Memory Of Merrill Young

?-April 19th 2012
 
 
Bright eyes,
burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.
 
 
The day I got Merrill
April 19th will be a year without my love Its been a hard and sad year..Ive tried to smile and laugh and sometimes I do..but somedays its hard because I no longer have my best friend.

She was more to me than a pet..she was a companion on my lonely days,my daughter and sometimes even my grandma :) 



I thought Id talk about my happy memories with her.


Ill start with the day I got her ..I hadnt been married long and days alone while Josh was at work were hard,the apartment didnt allow pets but I took a chance when my mom told me that my old high school art teacher had a cat that needed a home..the cat had showed up on her doorstep and wasnt getting along with her cats..the cat wanted to be the only cat.
So my mom went to go get her for me. and when Merrill stepped out of the cat carrier it was like she had lived here her whole life..she came up to us and asked for a can and nuzzled and then went up stairs to look around and found my Alice and Wonderland picture book and started looking at it with interest..

The next few days were fun just me and her bonding and watching Sleeping Beauty and listening to music..Merrill loved music and movies.

                                                          My two favorite pictures :)


I never ever quit talking about Merrill I probably drove people crazy but she was my everything ..still is.

Merrill was in the window every morning greeting the sun and every evening saying goodnight to the sun...Sometimes if I look carefully enough I can still see her silhouette.

Merrill could watch classic Scooby doo all day everyday..she also enjoyed Ms Marple ..when she heard the theme  heard here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqGmnLsDOxo she would come running and take her place on the chair in front of the tv.

She loved long car rides and sometimes if the ride ended before she was ready she would cry and growl.

One of her favorite things was for me to sing to her ..we had our songs

Here are some of them...I have a playlist I listen to sometimes.


1.Queen-Your my Bestfriend
2.Grandpa-The Judds
3.Bread-Everything I own
4.Candle on the water-Helen Reddy ( from Petes Dragon )
5.Bonnie Tyler-Total Eclipse of the heart
6.In a world of my own -Alice in wonderland
7.Once apon a dream-Sleeping Beauty
8.I wonder -Sleeping Beauty
9.Aty Garfunkel-Bright Eyes
10.All time High ( Octopussy theme )
11.Stevie nicks-Landslide





I kept her hidden for a few weeks and then got caught...I cried and cried thinking  that they wouldnt let me keep her..but we found a way to pay the non refundable 300 something and get a doctors note for me..
Josh and me and Merrill were perfect for eachother we had so much in common
we didnt like many people we had our health problems and we loved eachother.


I had a game I liked to play when Josh and Merrill would fall asleep I would take pictures of them with hats on.





I think I had more in common with Merrill than anyone..except that she was more of an angel than I could ever dream of being.
I loved her peanut butter smudge and carmel swirls and how she reminded Josh and me of bunny track ice cream..she made Josh gain weight because every time he looked at her he had to to eat ice cream.

Her eyes had a dreamy and wise look about them..I could tell that cat understood me.


She loved cherry flavored twizzlers and ice cream. ...:)





We had so many happy memories but not nearly enough
Id give anything to have one more day just one more.
I wish I had been there with her to say goodbye and I wish I could have given her a kiss.



Forever in my heart.








6 comments:

  1. What a precious gift she was. Hugs dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like an most extraordinary cat. Most of them hate car riding, and I never knew of one who recognized the theme to her favorite tv show! Wow. You can be glad you gave her not only a roof over her head, but so much love and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! God certainly did bless you with Merrill! She will always be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww this made me so sad!!! Especially since you started it with "bright eyes" lyrics. That song always makes me sad because I remember it from watership down as a little kid. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watership down..it makes me cry everytime though.

      Delete
    2. yeah.. it's so good!! i think i might have to re-watch it soon. it's been SO long. The book is fantastic also. ;)

      Delete